Monday, February 01, 2010

Drumroll, please!


I decided to include the few stragglers that posted a bit late in my competition, as I know that a lot of my readers are in another time zone. But at noon today I drew the line, and then there were 58 entries! Can you believe that?! I'm so overwhelmed, and very pleased! Thank you all for entering!

And the winner is: Trollmamma! I'm sort of surprised that the winner is actually from Linköping (or at least a member of Linköping Knitters, I think), but I put all of the entries on paper pieces, put them in one of my project bags, and drew one. So it's completely fair :) So Trollmamma: if you send me an e-mail at jenny(dot)clifford(at)liu(dot)se, we can work out the details of delivery of the grand prize :)

The Adventures in Lace KAL starts today, and I've finally made up my mind on what to start. I'm going to cast on for the Percy shawl tonight, using my latest purchase from Chili Gredelin, my Simone yarn in colourway Kermit:


I'm really looking forward to working with this yarn, as it feels soooo soft when I pet it! It's 70 % baby alpaca / 30 % silk, so it should become a beautiful shawl. I wish I didn't have to work today, so I could have cast-on earlier!

Ok, I have to work for another hour before I go home and start knitting!

/ Jenny

6 comments:

Allison said...

It's so funny that you are ending your work day and I'm just trying to get motivated to start mine! I love making connections all over the world. :)

I love that you are doing the Percy Shawl! It was a finalist for the KAL for me, but I'm going with the Maplewing. I'm excited!

Maiden Jane said...

Oh that is so pretty. I love the sheen. Looking forward to watching your progress in the KAL.

Allison said...

Your yarn and its color are lovely. I look forward to seeing it magically turned into a shawl!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I always forget which of my blog friends all are in the United States and which are elsewhere in the world and therefore in very different time zones. I guess that just speaks to the very cool power of this thing we call the internet, bringing people together from all over the world!
Also, I really like your yarn. One of my absolute favorite colors! Good luck on your lace, I'm working on the first repeat of my pattern right now while reading blogs. :-)

Kitty said...

The Percy shawl is wonderful! It's going to look great in that color. You've said that you love pink, but the past couple of shawls have been green... Is this a new trend?!

Can't wait to see your progress!

Stacy said...

The Percy Shawl is lovely, Jenny. That yarn is gorgeous, too. Congrats to the winner of the giveaway!