Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yet another HO, and possibly some more yarn...


I'll start with the best part. I finished the first of the Scylla socks today!


I've mostly knit on these at work, so I'm pretty pleased that they've gone as fast as they have. I LOVE this yarn, and I have gotten a ton of compliments on it in the coffee room at work (and I've referred all of them to Friday Studios). The fit is a little bit weird, as the foot is very tight and the leg is almost a bit slouchy, but that's ok. I'm very pleased anyway, and I've already knit most of the second toe too.

I've also gotten some more yarn in the mail this week. The first shipment came from Garnkorgen, and only came about as there was a sale and I needed some more cable needles. I bought a set of straight cable needles from KnitPicks a while ago, but I just hate them. I love that they are made of wood, but the notches in them that are supposed to keep the yarn on them just prevented me from sliding them through the stitches when I was knitting them. I really prefer the v-shaped ones, so I got another set of those instead. And as I said, there was a sale...


I got eight skeins (which is about a sweater quantity) of Debbie Bliss Rialto 4-ply (100 % superwash merino, 181 m/50 g), in the colourway Fuschia 22022. It is a very vibrant pink, and I love it! I think that Garnkorgen might be discontinuing this yarn, as it was really cheap, so I had to try it out. 

I also got my April shipment in the 7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon yarn club from The Knitting Goddess, and once again I am in love!


The yarn is The Knitting Goddess 4ply Merino Nylon Sock (424 m/100 g), and the colourway is called Tooth Decay. It's from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is such a great movie, and the soft pink with tiny red speckles is just perfect! I think I need to knit with some of this club yarn soon!

Other than that I haven't knit much this week, I've just been so exhausted from work. On Monday we start having student at the lab, which we will then have for six weeks, so I think the exhaustion will probably stay. It's very nice and a lot of fun to have students at the lab, but it's also a bit tiring. At least the weather seems to be turning around! We've had sunshine for two days now, with temperatures well above freezing, and it's so nice. I have a little bit of trouble with all the pollen, but with eye drops I'm pretty ok. I don't do well with anti-histamines, as they make me very sleepy, so I'd rather sneeze a bit extra than take a pill. But it's fine, I'm not complaining as spring finally seems to have arrived!

Oh, and Monday is also the start of this year's Knitting and Crochet Blog Week! Join us for a lot of fun blogging and reading!

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Not good reading about new yarn....I'll actually be stopping in to WEBS either tomorrow or Friday...I'm thinking I need a bright yellow hat, but haven't decided on whether I want wool or cotton.