Sunday, April 14, 2013

FO and cookies!


Yup, I have another finished object! On Thursday last week I cleaned out our storage room, and that was the last day of nice weather for a while. Since then it's been raining and snowing, and the wind has been terrible. Needless to say I didn't feel like spending all of Friday cleaning out the garage as I had planned, as that would have meant being outside for most of the day. I did a little cleaning inside the house instead, and I've been knitting a whole lot. So today I finished my Glacier gloves, and as the weather is so bad I think I'll get to use them next week!


They are made with MarigoldJen BFL/Nylon sock yarn, and I only used 56 grams for them. That leaves me with 144 grams, as I have a whole other skein. I can probably wring out two pairs of socks from that! I love the yarn, and the colour is very pretty.

Yesterday I finally got around to making some of the cookies that I got the recipe for in the Cookie A sock club in February. I made a batch of gluten free Fig Newtons, and I have to admit I'm pretty proud that they turned out great. I didn't make three rolls like the recipe said, as the gluten free flour made the dough really sticky, but that didn't matter. We've been eating cookies like crazy here today!


My sister spent yesterday in BorĂ¥s with my parents, and when she drove home she stopped by here to drop off a gift for me from my god parents. They have a small sheep farm, and they had saved me some fleece! I haven't gotten a photo of it yet, but it's from a dark grey sheep, and it's still pretty dirty. Once the weather turns nicer I'm going to clean it and try to get around to card and spin it. I don't know if you remember, but two Christmases ago I got a fleece from my parents too, and I STILL haven't gotten around to making anything with it. I have cleaned it, but as it is so much I am still only teasing the locks, and I haven't started carding any of it. I'll get to it eventually!

Now it's dinner time, and tonight I think I'll knit some on my stripy socks!

/ Jenny

No comments: