Saturday, April 06, 2013

Needles Blazing!


I've been knitting for most of the day, and my Glacier gloves have been flying off the needles! When I got up this morning I hadn't even gotten to the thumb increases, and now I actually have a HO (And for those of you who don't know, HO stands for Half-finished Object)!


It's knit with Marigold Jen BFL fingering yarn (75 % BFL/25 % nylon), and I love how it's turning out. It has great stitch definition and is really soft and nice. I think the second glove will go pretty fast too, now that I'm focusing on this project. Julia Mueller, the woman behind Laris Designs, is a genius pattern writer, the instructions are so clear and detailed. These are the fourth pair of her gloves and mittens that I've knit, and I adore all of them.

I've also been knitting a little bit on my Jeck socks, I've knit two full stripe repeats on the second sock, but I haven't gotten any new photos. But you've seen them before, and the second sock looks just like the first one. I kind of want to finish them, as I'm itching to cast on with my Friday Studios toothpaste self striping yarn that I got a while ago.

Yesterday I also got my April shipment in the Cookie A sock club. The patterns haven't been released yet, but I really like the yarn.


It's Dream in Color Everlasting Sock yarn (100 % superwash merino, 384 m/100 g), and the colourway is called Violet Hour. The colour is a bit off in the photo, but it really is a very soft lilac colour. I'm really looking forward to the patterns!

Now it's almost time for Doctor Who, and I think I'll continue on the Jeck socks tonight.

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Pretty..that's me today too...I've finished two legs and am now on a heel for 2 different pair of socks...