Sunday, April 28, 2013

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, Day 7



Day 7: Looking Forward

Today is the last week of Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, and the topic is the future. What are our plans and dreams for the coming year? Where do you want your knitting to take you?

I always like to try out new thing, and I think the newest thing I've made so far this year has been all the yarn clubs. I've learned that I really like getting surprise yarn in the mail, and I appreciate all of the colours even though some of them might not be ones that I had chosen myself. I really do hope that when I look back on this year, I'll have knit some of the yarns that I've gotten in the clubs. I have started already, but I've only used yarn from one of the clubs. I want to try out more new yarn brands, that I haven't tried before!

I also hope that my knitting mojo keeps at it's current level, as I seem to churn out three projects each month right now. The past two years it has been less than two each month, and I really want to knit up more of my stash. And as I keep adding to it, that won't happen unless I increase my knitting speed!

Finally, I really want to finish 2013 as I did 2012, with nothing on my needles. It was so good for me to be in that KAL where the goal was to finish everything that you had going before you started any new projects. I think that might have caused the increase in mojo, as when I had done that I wanted to cast on ALL THE THINGS. That feeling is still there, although it has decreased a little bit, but I still want to knit all the time. So I plan on keeping up the speed, and clearing my needles before the end of the year.

Other than that I don't think that there are any particular techniques that I specifically want to try out, but I'm also not going to shy away from anything just because it looks difficult. I think that will be my knitting goal for the year!

Next time I get back to you it will be for a regular blog post, but I bet Knitting and Crochet Blog week will be back next year for its fifth anniversary!

/ Jenny

No comments: