Monday, August 03, 2009

It's been long

Hi all!

It's been several days since I wrote, but I've been so busy I just haven't found the time. My thesis book is going to the printers on thursday, so I've got some last minute changes to do before then. My vacation is over, and my work computer is on the friz. I use a reference program called EndNote, and it only works with Word, and not with OpenOffice that I use on my home computer. So today, after sitting for almost 10 hours and inserting 120 referencens, my work computer decided that it didn't want to use EndNote anymore, and deleted 50 of them... After much trixing and coaching, I have replaced about 30 of them, but now it's 22.30, and I have absolutely no energy left, so I'll finish the last ones tomorrow. I tell you I almost cried when EndNote shut down!

On a brighter note, I had a super-busy weekend! On Friday me and my sister went to Stockholm (the swedish capital), and saw a concert with Amy Macdonald, a scottish singer/songwriter who's had some huge hits in Europe this year. It was an amazing concert, she's only like 22 years old but she must have huge lungs because she has such a strong voice. We were back in Linköping arund 00.30 on Friday night, and the only bad thing about the day was that my car (I drive a lime green Toyota Starlet from '98) decided to not start when we were leaving for Stockholm. We thought that the battery had gotten un-charged, but fortunately we could use my sister's car instead.

Because on Saturday me and my husband went to Herrljunga, a small town north of Borås (where my parents live) and attended the wedding of two friends of ours. Actually, they got married on Friday on a boat in the North Sea archipelago on the west coast of Sweden, with just their family present, so we only attended the HUGE party on Saturday. It was an amazing party, with great food, and we saw lots of old friends that we hadn't seen for a long time (too long). The newlyweds had also brought a band that played very electric pop (they're called Universal Poplab), and it was a great gig too, all the guests were really excited and danced and jumped around. My feet hurt like crazy afterwards, but it was SO worth it!

Then on Sunday we went back to Linköping, since I was going back to work today, and we wanted to try starter cables to try and jumpstart my car. That of course didn't work, and on top of that we had to move the car this morning, since we were switching garages when the new month began... So my sister called some of her friends who have a car that can tow, and we got ready to try that. Fortunately, the guy who arrived was an electrician, and he suggested that we try to charge the battery for a few minutes before trying to start the car. This did of course work (stupid of us not to have tried it before we called in the extra friends...), so now it's rolling again! Thank God, I don't have either the energy or time to struggle with a broken car right now!

As far as the knitting goes, I didn't finish the shawl in time for the wedding. I could have used it though, since it was a bit cold after the sun set, but I didn't want to compromise and cast off before I was finished with the whole pattern. So it's still on the needles. But hopefully I will finish it this weak at least!

/ Jenny

No comments: