Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Third time's the charm..


Ok, I know I have already posted two times today, but I have had such a nice evening I just have to share! When I went to the knitting café I picked up the mail on the way, and my needles that I ordered monday night had already arrived! That was such speedy delivery I just couldn't believe it. So I now own the chunky interchangeable KnitPicks Harmony wood needles (size 9, 10 and 12 mm), three fixed circulars (also KnitPicks Harmony wood, size 2, 2.5 and 3 mm), and 7 sets of KnitPicks Harmony wood dpns (sizes 3.5, 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8 mm). I guess I never have to buy needles again! I'm just so much in love with the knitpicks, and I can't wait until the Zephyr Acrylic become available in Europe too. I will probably have to get a set of those as well.

I thought I would show you a picture of my "knitting accessory bag", where I keep all my KnitPicks needles, and the most used accessories, such as a needle size meassure thingy, scissors, my cord-maker, measuring-tape, stitch markers and such. It is becoming pretty full after today's mail arrivals!

Then I came to the café meeting, and met Ulrica for the first time. We have chatted a while on Ravelry, and today I actually got to meet her in real life. We had discussed some of KnitPicks yarns online, and today she had brought with her some of her KnitPicks stash, which she actually gave me as a gift! So I went home with 10 balls of a beautiful green KnitPicks Main Line (75 % Pima Cotton, 25 % Merino Wool), and three large skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (80 % cotton, 20 % Merino Wool), also green (as I had mentioned that green is my favourite colour).

This was so generous I was almost overwhelmed! I think the KnitPicks yarn will probably turn into a hat, scarf, over-knee socks and mittens for myself. On the other hand, I've had my eye on a sweater in the Lise-Lotte Lystrup book "Klassisk stickning" (Vintage knitwear for modern knitters), so maybe I'll see if I can get gauge with this yarn? We'll see. The Brown Sheep yarn I'm not sure what I'll make yet, but I'm sure it will be beautiful.

So, as you can see my evening has been very fruitful! I'm so happy, I think I'll knit for the rest of the night now.

/ Jenny

No comments: