Saturday, August 22, 2009

I've got followers!


I'm so excited it's almost silly! But I've been posting for two months now, and it's so much fun to know that someone other than my mother or my sister is actually reading what I write! So of course I had to add the "Followers" widget on the site, so If you are reading this blog and haven't found it before, now there is a button where you can choose to follow me as well.

I also updated the blog list, as I'm constantly finding new and exciting blogs to read. Be sure to check some of them out!

I tried to take a photo of the tunic yesterday evening, when it had reachd the bust line. This is where you divide the circular knitting into two pieces, and start to knit them separately, so this was the first time I could actually try it on (as my circular needle was a bit too short to fit around me...). I think the size will be quite ok, maybe a bit big but that might change with some blocking. Although I'm not sure if the cotton/viscose yarn will block? Anyone who knows? The photo is really crappy, since it was a bit too dark and I didn't want to use the flash in the mirror, but here it is:

I'm afraid that the cables will flatten out if I block it, but I'm going to have to wash it eventually anyhow so I might as well try.

I aslo made my husband take a photo of me wearing the shawl. As you can see it is VERY big, but at least I have managed to fold it so it doesn't drag on the ground. And as you might have seen, I own LOTS of high heeled shoes, so I guess that will help too.

Please disregard the shining eyes on Hobbe, I swear he is not really a zombie cat...

I haven't made much progress on any of the socks, but it seems like the weather is turning out quite nice today so maybe I can sit outside and knit some today. I like to sit in the sun for a little while at least, to try to get some colour onto my whiter-than-white face, and then it is more comfortable knitting on a smaller project. Having a heavy sweater on your lap in the sun makes for some lovely sweat pools...

I'll see if I can go wake my husband up (it's 11.00 in the "morning") so I can get some company. Also, the tiny lawn needs mowing, which I don't consider to be my job...

/ Jenny

No comments: