Saturday, August 22, 2009

I know, I know


I know I already posted today, but I just had to show you this:


My very first, real amigurumi! It's a mushroom (or toadstool? I really don't know the difference...), and I think it turned out really great for a first time. I really don't count the little french guy I showed you a little while ago, since that one was done in scrap yarn and stuffed with another yarn... I added a key ring to the top of the mushroom, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it for myself yet. Possibly I'll give it to my uncle, he has Down's syndrome and is basically like a little kid. I gave him the little french guy (but without the hat, so I guess i gave him a cat), and he absolutely loved it. He has been quite sick lately, so anything I can do to cheer him up is fine. He lives in BorĂ¥s though, and I don't really know when I'm going to visit there again, but I guess sometime this fall. That just means I'll have more time to make more of them.

Now, I'm going to watch Watchmen with my hubby! Happy Saturday night to all of you!

/ Jenny

4 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, what a cute little mushroom! And, omg, I LOVE the little french guy!

Katie said...

Nice little mushroom! very cute :)

Hege said...

Cute :)

Sandra S. said...

I love mushrooms; this one is really cute!