I have kick-started our camera, so now I've taken a few photos. The first is of my own set of KnitPicks, and even though they look almost as the picture at KnitPicks own store, I wanted to take one of my own. I'm just that much in love with them.
Last evening I made my first attempt at embroidery. I think it went rather well, but I'm not even half-finished yet. I included the picture of the finished potpuri bag, that I'm working from.
Also, last night I tried my blocking experiment, and it was a complete success! I made the test patch for the shawl I'm about to make, and as you can see in the before-picture, it was a frumpy little thing, but I nailed it to my new blocking-board and it went very flat. The figure shows before on the left, during in the middle, and after on the right. Next time I will try to include a ruler of some kind, so you can see the difference in size. These photos are taken with my phone, so the quality is not great, but I think you get the picture (no pun intended).
A couple of years ago I knitted a cardigan with cabeling on, in the same kind of alpaca yarn that I'm going to use for the shawl. I thought that I knitted very tight, becouse the cardigan actually came out a bolero... Bu now I realise that I just need to block it! So I think I will try that tonight, and see if I can remember to take before-pictures as well, so You'll have something to laugh about.
I started on my drops shawl yeasterday as well, but I only got about 4 cm (it starts at the bottom, at the tip of the tirangle), before I had to frog it. I'd read the pattern all wrong, but since I realised what I'd done wrong, I started again. The second time I got about 5 cm done when I saw that I had made something else wrong, as well as frogotten some beads, so I frogged it again. So I think I will start again tonight, when it cools down a bit.
Since my thesis is actually done, I think I will go outside in the sunshine for a while!