Saturday, December 05, 2009

Slow night


Hi all! I'm having a relly slow Saturday night, which suits me just fine. I cleaned a bit during the week, so I don't even have any of that to do this weekend! I've done this weeks laundry today, but as we have both a cleaner and a dryer in the apartment, that's not a very heavy job. So now I get to knit for the rest of the evening! Thomas is hanging out with a friend, and I think they're going to play x-box soon, so I will get completely uniterupted knitting time!

I don't have any new photos to show you, but I've made some progress on the Moose mittens. I've knit about half the first mitten, and so far I think it looks ok at least. It's hard to be sure before blocking, and I really don't want to block the first one alone as I'm sure that I would block the two mittens differently.

I've also made some progress on the Aeolian shawl. I've knit three repeats of the first chart, so I'll soon go on to the next chart. The yarn is heavenly, and I'm sure it will look fabulous when finished. I can't wait to wear it! I love to knit lace, and usually I'm in no hurry to finish as I like the knitting process, but this project is one I can't wait to finish!

I also finally decided which sweater to cast on for, and you'll be surprised to know that I actually chose the green bolero that I started in the middle of October, but frogged as there were some details that I wasn't completely satisfied with. So today I've finally started over, and I've knit almost a whole skein of the yarn (Symfoni from Lövegarn, 100 % chunky merino). I think I'll need five skeins to finish, and I now have six so I think I'll be fine.

So now I only have to decide which socks to cast on for! But I think I might have to start with the knee-high ones that I've been talking about for so long, the ones that match my beret. They will also be knitted in KnitPicks Main Line yarn, which I really love! It is such a great combination of wool and cotton, and just feels so soft. The socks will be super warm, but they will suit me just fine now that winter seems to start showing it's claws here in Sweden. But I don't think I'll start them today, maybe tomorrow?

Oh, and by the way, Kate of Lazy Kate Creates is having a great give-away on her blog, to celebrate her 50th blog post! Be sure to drop by and say hi, it's a great blog that is well worth reading!

And for those of you who like to knit lace: I have a pattern tip for you! The swedish site Slöjd och Hantverk is having an advent calendar lace pattern on their website for free. It will be like a mystery shawl, and you get one clue each day in December until Christmas! The pattern is available in both swedish and english, just scroll down the site until you get to the right sidebar where it says dag 1/day 1, dag 2/day 2 and so on. When you click on the links you get the swedish pattern, but if you just scroll past that the english version is written underneath. It will only be available until December 25th, but if you can't keep up, or if you just don't want to knit it right now, you can copy all the pattern pieces into a word document or similar. After christmas the whole pattern will be available to buy, but only as a kit toghether with their very expensive yarn, and I think that shipping outside of Sweden will probably be very expensive. So make sure to check it out before it's too late!

And now I think I'm out of stuff to rant about. I'll try to get some photos til next time, I know it's not as fun to read an entire post without photos...

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

Glad to hear you're having a good night. :) I've done a bunch of knitting today too - got a hat done! I swear I've been knitting so. many. hats. lol

I'm not sure I could do that whole advent calendar knitting thing... not seeing the whole thing first might drive me bonkers! :D