Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I broke my needle!


Yesterday night I was knitting away on my Percy shawl, and I had almost finished the first repeat of chart A, when the phone rang. I put it down next to me, and as I hurried to get up out of the sofa, I put my hand down right on top pf the wooden part of the circular (yes, it was my 2 mm fixed circular from KnitPicks), and the needle broke! So now I can't continue on the shawl until I get my new needle (which I of course ordered immediately yesterday, but it will probably take a few days before it arrives in the mail :)! I'm so bummed, as I was really enjoying the shawl. But I knitted some on the cat mittens instead, and I guess I'll just have to finish those in the mean time. And the Glynis socks.

I think I might cast on for a new shawl tonight though. I think I have decided that the Twinkle Twinkle little Star shawl will have to wait for a while, I'm just not in the mood to start that one over right now. But I have so many shawls in my Ravelry queue right now, I'm having a hard time deciding which to start with! I'm thinking about the Haruni shawl, but I'd also love to start one of the Windsbraut shawls as well (probably the Steife Brise first). And I'm also thinking about the India stole, which I've been planning to make from my apricot Chili Gredelin Simone yarn. I'll have to think about this some more, and I'll let you know once I've decided!

I made an amazing discovery today too: I've found a European webshop that sells KnitPicks yarn! They only have a few kinds, and they didn't have any Palette at all, but of course I had to try them out. So today I ordered myself some more Alpaca Cloud lace yarn, in the Cha Cha colourway (the orange one that Anna got from the States, that I was green with envy over :). It will be fun to see how long it takes to get here from Germany. I think it was a bit more pricy, and the shipping was sort of expensive too, so I think we'll probably get the yarn cheaper from the States anyway. But it's good to know that the option is available! They're called KnittyBitty, by the way.

Ok, I'd better get back to work. Only 8.5 days left...

/ Jenny

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a needle that you can use - I will bring it to café tomorrow - it is not a knitpicks but might help until then. Here is another French site that carries knitpicks yarn here in Europe as well: http://www.solidpepper.net/tricotin/boutique.asp?
See you tomorrow!

Virginia G said...

Oh no! That's awful. I hope you get your new needle soon.

Lucky you on your job ending soon. I wish I was in that position.

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

definitely the Haruni Shawl!! That one is just sooooo gorgeous!

Kitty said...

Sorry about the needle breaking- what a bummer!

I'm going to vote for the haruni shawl! It's such a fun knit, and really is beautiful!

Mary said...

what a bummer on the needle. Happened to me a few weeks ago and I just couldnt stand it LOL Im so not patient

Stacy said...

That India stole is beautiful. Sorry you broke your needle, that must have been frustrating. How nice you found a European webshop to buy your yarn. Hopefully it will arrive fast.