Saturday, September 04, 2010

Surprise visit


Today I went into town to buy a set of dpns in bamboo, that I can bring with me to England next week. We're leaving on Wednesday, and the funeral will be held on Friday. I haven't checked with the airline yet if I can bring the needles on board (we're only bringing carry-on bags and no check-in luggage), but they were insanely cheap so if I have to leave them it's no big deal. Then I'll try to get a new pair once we arrive, so I can knit while we're there at least. 

I also picked up some cheap sock yarn that I'm going to bring with me, so I have a small, portable project that I can work on. I'm going to make one of the pairs from a set of 10 models I bought a while ago. It's easier to bring a few sheets of paper than a whole book with patterns, and it definitely weighs less. Anyway, this is the yarn:

Drops Fabel, 205 m/50 g, 75 % superwash wool/25 % nylon

I bought the yarn just so I could have something cheap to bring with me on the trip, but I'm not sure if I'll have much knitting time while over there. We're coming back home again on Saturday, so it won't be a long trip, and as it is a funeral trip it's not much fun either.

I also went to the doctor's yesterday to get my test results evaluated, but he had nothing new to tell me. They don't know what's wrong with me, so I'm going back on the 14th of September to do some additional tests. If they can't find out what's wrong with me then, they'll try to treat the symptoms and not care about the underlying reason. Maybe I just have an over-active stomach. I just wish that it would let me work!

Oh, and I bet you're wondering about the blog title? Today when I was walking back home from town, my mother called and told me that they were outside my apartment! She and my dad had just decided to come visit me and my sister as a surprise, so we all had dinner together and chatted for a few hours. It was really nice, as it's been a while since I saw them, but on the other hand I'm going home for a visit in three weeks (for the sewing festival), so they could have just waited. But it was fun, albeit short (they've already left again).

The rest of the evening will probably be spent with some knitting and either a film or tv-games (we haven't decided yet). I've gotten a bit of a cold, so I'm very tired today, but at least it seems to be going away. I think I'm going to knit on the India Stole tonight :)

/ Jenny

No comments: