Saturday, September 18, 2010

Slacker Saturday


We're having a stay-in Saturday today, just enjoying the fall rain outside and listening to audio books and actually spend some time together for once! I'm knitting on my first Christmas project, which I won't show until the recipient gets it. I'm about 25 % in the project, and hopefully I can finish it this week.

I also have a finished object to show you: I finished the St Hyacinthe Socks this week! 


They are made with 1.6 skeins of Drops Fabel, and I love them! I've already worn them to work once, washed them, and now I'm wearing them today again! As usual, I had to decrease some extra stitches in the gusset decreases, as my foot circumference is a lot smaller than my leg circumference. Thus, I need fewer stitches over the sole than most patterns call for. But other than that, I made no changes to the pattern. It was easy to remember, but lots of fun to knit!

I'm also working a lot on the Tunic dress, and I think I will finish the skirt part some time this coming week. I'm knitting on it almost exclusively at work, so it's a bit slow going, but it's looking great. I have no new photos to show you, as it is still scrunched up on the short circular needle, but I'll take some once I cast off the hem.

Now I'm going to have me some lunch, and knit some more. And to all my swedish readers: Don't forget to vote tomorrow! It's a very improtant election (for the swedish government), and we MUST get a change of governing parties! So please, vote with your heart and not with your wallet!

/ Jenny

2 comments:

Virginia G said...

Sounds like a great Saturday!

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

Hey you! I'm just sitting around and knitting too! :) What does your day look like tomorrow? Maybe skyping?

Your socks look fabulous!