Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So many visitors!


A couple of weeks ago, I can't remember exactly when, I put up a flag counter on the blog, to show me which countries all of you visitor represtent. This counter also shows the total number ov visitors, and today I noticed that it has actually reached 3000! I'm so happy for this, and very grateful that so many people read my blog (and yes, I realise that a lot of those counts are probably the same people re-visiting, but still)! And I have 35 followers as well, which is a lot more than I ever expected. Just so you all know: I'm thrilled about it!

I also finished the Eunice socks today! I'm so happy about this, as I'll be able to give them to Christine on Saturday when she has her birthday party. She already knows that she'll be getting them, but as she hasn't actually seen them yet, I'll wait for her to get them before I show them to you. Although, if you're really curious, you can see them on my Ravelry page (Christine doesn't knit, so I doubt she has a Ravelry account). Bear in mind though that I took that photo of my own feet (Thomas is in Borås until Sunday, so I'm alone here for now), and that is harder than it looks! I'll try to get Christine to model them for me this weekend.

And yesterday I started my new job! And boy is it a lot to keep in my head! Yesterday I just watched the regular lab technician work, and tried to learn as much as I could, but I was completely exhausted when I got home! I'd been on my feet for almost the entire day, and there were so many new impressions to digest! It's going to be so much fun though, and I'll learn a lot. Today I've been at the laboratory for clinical chemistry here in Linköping for an education day to learn some of the methods I'm going to be using. Lots and lots to learn!

Tomorrow is a national holiday here in Sweden (and apparently in Norway too, as you can read on Cloudberry's blog), it's a church holiday where we celebrate Jesus' ascension to Heaven. It's always located exactly 40 days after Easter day (the Saturday of the Easter weekend), and I really have no idea why it's still a national holiday as the church is separated from the state since a while back. I'm not complaining though, as I get the day off! If I hadn't had to work on Friday I would have gone to Borås for a long weekend as it is my father's and my brother-in-law's birthdays tomorrow, but now I'll stay here until Saturday instead (which is the day of Christine's party). Then me and Thomas are going back here together on Sunday.

And as I finished the socks today, now I only have the Haruni that I'm working on. I'm thinking of having a cast-on mania here tomorrow, there are sooo many things I want to start! Gloves, more socks, more shawls, sweaters, cardigans... I think I'll start a pair of socks in my new Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks yarn at least, and I really want to start working on the gloves and mittens from the Selbuvotter book. And I have lots of glove patterns from Julia Mueller that I want to make as well. Plus I have the yarn for the Owls sweater and the Coraline cardigan, that I really want to make. I think I'll try to limit myself to two new projects or so. 

Also, I've decided to frog my Haruni. Again. I'm just not satisfied with how the beads look, so I need to start over.


The beads are just a little bit too pale, and they sort of look like rhine stones. Way too blingy for me, so I'm just going to do it without the beads. It will look gorgeous anyway, as the pattern is just so incredibly beautiful. I noticed that the colourway I'm using (Begonia, it's KnitPick's Shadow yarn) isn't available at KnitPick's any more, and I really want to make something that I'll really love with it, as it is sooooo beautiful. 

Oh, and on a final note: Today I ate the last piece of candy I bought after my endoskopy examination this past Saturday. And I thought it would last me a month!

/ Jenny

3 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

LOL I know how that feels about the candy! hehe

I can't believe you're so brave as to rip out the shawl when you're so far in! I miss something one line back and I just give up on it and move on. LOL

Virginia G said...

Congratulations on the new job!

And totally agreed about the ripping of the shawl. I am not sure I could do that. I'm totally in love with my own work sometimes.

Unknown said...

I looked at your ravelry page. Those socks are awesome!!!! Great job!