Monday, June 29, 2009

The first time


Hi all!

So, this is my first post! It will be without pictures so far, until I've figured out how to add them... My guess is that it's not that hard, but I haven't got the time right now. I'm doing my PhD in immunology at the University Hospital in Linköping, Sweden, and my thesis is due wednesday. So this is just my way of procrastinating. Also, I don't have any pictures of my knitted work so far, but my husband has borrowed a good camera from a friend, so picturetaking is one of my vacation-projects.

When I go on vacation next week I've decided to start knitting a shawl from Drops. The pattern is in swedish, since I haven't learned the english knitting terms yet (another of my summer projects), but you can see the picture. I will also try to knit a tunic, also from Drops, if I get the time. I bought the yarn for both projects last week, and it is very tempting to start right now. But I HAVE to finish my thesis first. And I ordered some knitting needles from KnitPro last week as well, and hopefully they will get here next week as well. I figured I might as well wait until I could knit my new projects with my new needles, so I'm eagerly awaiting the mail! The scarf will be in a purple alpaca, and the tunic will be in a turquoise alpaca and silver cotton-viscose (it is knitted with two yarns simultaneously). I'm very excited to start!

Next time there will hopefully be some pictures as well, and some kind of logo (I just have to design one first).

Until then!

/ Jenny

No comments: