Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Two new FO's in one week!

 
Lastweek I managed to finish two projects, both for Ella. The first was the Texture in Colors cardigan that I've been working on for a while, and it fits her perfectly!
 
 
It's made with a solid lilac Cascade Heritage yarn, and a self-striping Opal Surprise with silver effects yarn as a contrast, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The original pattern has no sleeves, so I had to lessen the arm-hole a bit to make those, and I added two after-thought pockets, but other than that I made no modifications. I knit the largest size, and I think she'll be able to wear it for at least the spring and autumn.
 
As I had plenty of yarn left over, and Ella kind of needs a new spring hat, I immediately cast on for a simple stockinette beanie for her in the same yarns, and I finished it last weekend. The brim is 2x2 ribbing in the Heritage yarn, and the rest of the hat is in the Opal yarn.
 
 
I haven't had a chance to get a photo of Ella wearing it yet, as she is currently very much against being in photos. The yarn is very pretty, and I have a little bit left over that I'm maybe going to make a tassel of and attach to the hat. We'll see.
 
Once I finished the hat, I needed a simple project that I can bring to work, so I cast on for a new pair of socks, in Friday Studios Monday sock yarn that I got as a club shipment a couple of years ago.
 
 
The socks are just plain vanilla stockinette, and the colourway is called Capitol Couture, basd on the fashion that the Capitol dwellers wore in the Hunger Games books and movies. I'm not sure I really like the colour combination, so I'll give them away to my mother-in-law, who liked the colours.
 
Last weekend  my parents came to visit to help me and Thomas install our new shower and bathtub, and our bathroom looks so nice! Our old shower cabin has been falling to pieces for a while, and now we finally had enough and bought a new one, with a big bath tub. Then Ella went with my parents when they left, to spend the week with them and with Thomas' parents, leaving us to enjoy a couple of days alone. We missed her a lot, but I spent most of the evenings knitting on the Fiori di Sole shawl, trying to make a dent in it. I've finally passed chart E, which was repeated five times, but I've run out of beads. I've ordered some more, and they should arrive in the mail today or tomorrow, so maybe I can knit a little bit on it this weekend too.

Me and Thomas then went to Borås on Thursday evening, to spend Easter with our families, and it was very nice to see Ella again after four nights without her! We spent the weekend seeing family and friends, and eating a lot of good food. Then on Sunday we went back to Mantorp, and as Monday was also a holiday, we spent that day just lazing around at home as a family. I cast on for yet another pair of socks, with a self-striping skein of OnLine sock yarn.


I'm making a very simple, improvised cable pattern on the side of the sock, but other than that they are very simple stockinette with an after-thought heel. These will be for me, and I'm enjoying them very much!

Other than that, life mostly consists of working and hanging out with Ella. It's very nice to be back in a more regular routine in life, and not having to study every night at home! Yay for working!

/ Jenny

No comments: