Tuesday, December 04, 2012

I just can't stop buying yarn!


Yes, more yarn arrived in the mail today! I got my Black Friday order from EatSleepKnit, and I'm very happy with it. I got one skein of Dream in Color Smooshy, in colourway Melon Bomb:


It's 100 % superwash merino, and really nice and squishy. It feels a little bit similar to Colinette Jitterbug to me, I think it's plied in the same way, so I think it will hold up very nicely for socks. I think I'm not a hard wearer on socks, as I still haven't had to darn any of my pairs, so this yarn should be fine as well.

I also got one skein of Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere, in colourway Cinnamon Girl:


This is 70 % superwash merino/20 % cashmere/10 % nylon, and it is just sooooo soft! I only have one pair of socks with cashmere in them, those were made with the Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! yarn, and this yarn feels pretty much as soft as those socks do. I'm really looking forward to more cashmere socks!

Finally I ordered four skeins (yes, sweater quantity) of Madelinetosh Pashmina yarn, in colourway Dried Rose:


This is 75 % merino/15 % silk/10 % cashmere, and I get why people love this yarn. It is really soft and squishy, and the silk gives it a nice sheen as well. I'm planning on knitting some kind of cardigan or sweater with it eventually.

Other than that I'm still knitting away on the Omelet shawl. I've finished almost six repeats of chart B now, I should finish it tonight if I pick it up at all (I have a killer headache, so I don't know if I have the energy to knit at all). But it seems like it's taking me forever!

Finally, I have a new podcast episode for you! 


Please, leave me some comments on it! I really want to hear how you like it!

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Yeah, I have been buying lots of yarn too...but no wollmeise...