Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slightly obsessed...


I thought I would be back with an in-progress photo of the vest, but it turns out I actually finished it this weekend. And yes, there are tiny Tardises (again: Tardi?) on this one too...



The vest is soaking right now, I don't intend to stretch it, just pat it into shape and let it dry. I'm very happy with it, and I made tons of modifications to the original pattern (Put Together). I think you could probably say that this is my very first original design! Don't ask me to write it down though, I have no idea how to adapt it into other sizes, but if anyone is interested in the colour charts I'll happily supply them for free. Although I wonder if there are any of you out there who are equally obsessed with Doctor Who as I am...

This past Sunday Anna came to visit us here in Mantorp, and we picked berries in the garden! We cleaned out one of the black currant bushes, and only took about 1/4 of the berries on the red currant bushes. Then we made jam!





We got two big jars of black currant jam, and five jars of red currant jam (they are not all in the photo, so don't get confused. I know how to count...)! I tasted both kinds yesterday, and they taste really good. It feels really awesome to be able to make these sort of things from our own garden, next year when we won't be so busy with all that's new in the house we'll focus more on the garden and plant a lot more stuff! And Anna is coming over next weekend as well, then we'll tackle the apple trees :)

Ok, time for dinner I think. And I have to take the vest out of its bath!

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Hi, I'm Vicki said...

oooh that vest is gorgeous, well done. I love to make jam, and yours looks delicious. have a knitty evening xxx